Sunday, July 18, 2010

Vintage Birthday card

Click on image to enlarge
Card Style Shabby Chic and Vintage Challenge in the Moxie Fab World

With all of the talk this week on style, it got me thinking of my own. I think that I have always loved vintage, heck at one point in my life I owned a victorian gift shop!
I feel my go to card style is classy and elegant with a twist of vintage. I do dabble in other styles, but the classy vintage cards always go together for me faster and easier.
So today I have for you a card that I didn't even set out to make,but loved how it turned out! I bought this new beautiful ribbon with sequences on it and intended to make a card with it,as you can see in the photos above, the ribbon didn't end up on my card(well maybe another day)!
This card started with PTI Ocean Tides, you can't really tell that well in the photo, but I used PTI's Beautiful Blooms impression plate.I also used PTI Fancy Flourishes on the card base.The paper under the Tattered Angels frame is PTI vintage cream hit with a little of the distress ink and stamped with PTI's Text Style II.The birthday sentiment is from PTI's Delightful Dahlia. The patterened paper is graphic 45 daydreams.The ribbon is May Art and started out white and I used Tim Holtz Distress ink in three colors to achieve this color.The flowers are prima and also started out white. I highlighted the frame with a touches of silver stickles and a few prima crystals. The flourishes are Prima say it in Pearls. The nail heads are from my stash. The final touch on this card wash a few sprays of silver glimmer mist.
Hope you enjoyed stopping by today!

10 comments:

  1. this is beautiful.. love that color too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. so pretty....very elegant...love those scrunchy flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, this is gorgeous, Teresa. Great job - love how elegant Ocean tides is...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, how beautiful and elegant! And the bling!!! A+ in bling, Teresa! I'd be happy to take vintage & elegant lessons from you! :-D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Now I am regretting not getting this impressions plate!! it really looks so beautiful, your card is so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great job! Ocean tides is my least favorite PTI color but after seeing what you did with it I may have to start using it again.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is really lovely, you do vintage so well Teresa :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is very pretty and elegant! I love the color of it!! Great job with the Moxie Fab challenge!!

    ♥♥♥Lea

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey Teresa! Thanks for entering the Let's Do Shabby & Vintage Card Style Week challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you played along! :)

    ReplyDelete