Monday, October 13, 2014

MIM Tinsel & Tags

I've been playing with Betsy Veldman's MIM Tinsel & Tags kit, and I must say OH WHAT FUN!!
Here are the three globes that I've made so far...the first one I added a little cut of Santa and his sleigh(not included in kit). I also glittered the trees and the roof of the house, which didn't show up in the picture. I haven't decided if i'm going to put this on on a mason jar lid or make a slider tag to be used on a gift.

 I just love my little pink house!!

I still have a little work to do to make my "Rudolph" to fly the highest, but hey, it was my first attempt!
This next globe, I use traditional Christmas colors. I also glittered the tree, and added a white tail and spots to my deer.
This little globe, I was going for a vintage feel, I used glass mica flakes on the trees and house roof.

 Thanks for stopping by!!

10 comments:

  1. Those are just adorable! I'm curious, did you cut that santa and sleigh and reindeer by hand?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, these are so lovely! Fabulous job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are awesome! I love the mica flakes and that sleigh! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The vintage one is my favorite, but each one is so special! I love the Santa cut ... It's the perfect addition! Well done!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are all amazing. How did you get that sleigh to stay up in your first one? Is it stamped or die cut?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Joyce, the sleigh and reindeer are a silhouette file. I used strips of clear card stock under the sleigh and each reindeer, folding them at the bottom and glued them to my base.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very lovely!! What sort of paper did you use for the Santa and reindeer? It seems to me that the PTI card stock would be too thick to cut out something that tiny and delicate?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. PTI is to thick. I used some paper that I have had for many years, don't know the brand. It is a light weight cardstock

      Delete